The “au pair” placements abroad provide a great opportunity for participants to improve their knowledge of foreign languages and to spend some months abroad without big costs.
The contract for au pair service is a deal of equivalent services with selected families in which the participants babysit and help with light housework in exchange for room and board for the whole stay and weekly pocket money.
The duration of the placement is usually from a minimum of 4 months to a maximum of one year. The families often request that the au pair stays for a period of corresponding to the academic year. Shorter stays (2,3 or 4 months) are requested only in the summer or from august/September to Christmas.
Requested documents for the application:
- Curriculum Vitae with photo (downloadable in the download area)
- European Curriculum Vitae in English (downloadable in the download area)
- Motivational letter (minimum one page) in English or in the language of the country where you would like to be placed
- Application form (downloadable in the download area)
- Two reference letters (preferably related to babysitting or childhood educational activities) including the referees’ names and references.